Friday, February 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I'm going to start this blog with the most popular dessert treat. Chocolate Chip Cookies. For me, I don't like making regular cookies as much as bars because bars always turn out softer and more moist than actual cookies. And besides, making bars is much faster and a lot less work =). But you can make cookies with this if you prefer. This has been my go-to recipe whenever I need a quick dessert to bring to a party or am just craving a sweet treat! And it has been a hit every time. Here we go... =)


(I plan to share each recipe with someone - besides my family - so I'll let you know at the end of each post, what they thought about it.)




Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl...

Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy…


Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (this is what the recipe says, but I don’t think it makes a difference)…

Gradually beat in flour mixture…

Stir in morsels and nuts (or just morsels, in this case)…

Spread into a greased 15x10 jelly roll pan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown…

YUMMMMY!
               
And here's the recipe…

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars

I shared these cookie bars with my friend Sara and my teacher, Mrs. Laveau, and they both thought they were delicious! These bars are definately the best within the first few days of being made, so you might haveeee to share ;)

1 comment:

  1. If you're serious about passing this class, you should probably consider sharing things like this with me instead of Mrs. Laveau. Don't get me wrong, Mrs. Laveau is a wonderful woman, but chocolate chip cookies (or bars) are my favorite.

    I like the use of pictures throughout the blog. The one thing I'd encourage you to do moving forward is to provide even more personalization of this. The parts I like the best are the beginning and end. I can get a recipe anywhere - I can't get your insight about it anywhere except this blog.

    ReplyDelete