Friday, February 10, 2012

Funfetti Cookies

So the other day, my friend Meghan and I wanted to bake something. We didn’t want to bake the usual brownies from a box, chocolate chip cookies, you know, the same old, same old. Well we rummaged through her pantry and found a box a funfetti cake mix – a little more exciting the usual because I never make it, but still not too exciting. But then we saw a recipe for funfetti cookies on the side of the box. Bingo. I mean, you’re making cookies from cake mix. It was a weird concept, am I right?? Well, we had to try it. So we got out her mixer and went on our way. It’s an easy recipe, just slightly different than the cake recipe because it doesn’t require water.

Combine the funfetti cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. (We used her mixer. I wish so badly that I had one, but my mom says I have to wait until I have my own house. But it could always be my graduation present or a birthday present… haha I did get the Magic Bullet as a gift from her once, it’s a fancy little blender thing. And I love looking at coffee machines, blenders, those little cake pop makers and stuff at the store. I think I have a weird obsession with kitchen appliances...)




Shape the dough in 1 inch balls and place 12 onto a cookie sheet. (try not to eat the dough…. ahh what the heck, eat it! Its really yummy! Who cares if there’s raw egg in it, right?)


Dip the bottom of a glass in flour and use it to flatten the dough to about ¼ inch thick. (we had to get the bottom of the glass a little wet for the flour to stick)



Then bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes (we baked ours for about 6 for a softer cookie because that’s how we agreed we liked them.)



Then if you desire, spread with frosting and decorate however you would like! (we didn’t have any frosting and thought they were good without any anyways.)


These cookies were soooo soft and chewy and DELICIOUS! Seriously, they were so easy, but soo good! It was amazing. I brought some home and shared them with my boyfriend and even though he was full from dinner, he still ate like 3. That’s how good they were. I also left a few in the cookie jar and when I went to have one the next day, they weren’t there. Thanks Dad. =P

And actually, a few days later, I made these again with my friend Laura because I told her how good they were. =)

Enjoy! I promise you will.

Recipe:

INGREDIENTS
1 (18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 (15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Frosting (optional)

DIRECTIONS
1- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
2 - Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
3 - Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.

2 comments:

  1. Lol that is such a cute idea!! I really want to try some now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Kelli it is! i never would of thought to make funfetti cookies!!! I think i might try to bake this too!

    ReplyDelete