Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cookies and Cream Cookies



I know I’ve made a lot of cookies lately, but there are so many different cookie recipes out there. My friend actually recently made Cookies and Cream cookies so I decided to try it too. I just found this recipe online, like I do with most of my recipes. It has bits of Oreos within a cookie. How great is that? Oreos are “America’s Favorite Cookie” and I’d say these Cookies and Cream cookies are now on my favorites list. And we happened to have a fresh pack of Oreos so I didn’t have to run to the store, which is always a plus. I made two batches so I could share them with my English class, yum yum yum.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes (I don’t have a mixer so I just used a spoon which works just as well. I wish I had a mixer, but then how would I keep my arms strong? ;) )
Add egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed (I tend to add a little extra vanilla, you can’t go wrong with that)

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low (or stir), slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Gently fold in Oreo pieces (I reccomend you chop them into pieces with a knife, rather than trying to break them, its easier to control their size then)


Scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 1-2" apart.

Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees, until the edges JUST start to brown (you want the cookies to maintain the ‘cream’ white look). Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
 
Here’s my dog, Chevy, watching me as I bake and waiting for me to drop something! (which I usually do)



anddd they went very well with my Frappuccino =)


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Oreo's, broken up into small pieces

- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Gently fold in Oreo pieces.
- Scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 1-2" apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes*, until the edges JUST start to brown. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Recipe yields about 30 cookies. (mine made exactly 2 dozen)

1 comment: